Monday, May 11, 2009

I have been offered the job that I have been waiting for.  Last Monday, I received a call from XTO, and they have offered me a position as an accounting intern, which I immediately accepted!  I am so excited, and totally blessed to be able to work in a place that is flexible with school, and gives me experience in the field that I am going into at the same time.

This has definitely been a lesson on faith for me.  When I was laid off from Metro Code, I had been preparing before hand, and kind of had an idea that when it came time to do lay offs, I would be the first to go.  It only made sense...sometimes the squeaky wheel doesn't get greased, it gets replaced.  When you stand up for yourself, and for others, people don't always listen or care, sometimes they just replace you with someone who is less vocal.  That being said, I had a feeling that I was going to be jobless, so I saved up my money.  But, after about three months of job searching, I was still jobless, and, by this point, nearly penniless as well.  I had used up nearly all of my savings, and, although I had turned in countless applications and resumes, I still had not been offered a job.  Then, one day, I was offered a job at a company I had interviewed at several times.  It wasn't the best fit for me, but it was a job nonetheless.  So, I considered it, but when it came right down to it, I just couldn't accept it.   Taking the job wasn't the right decision for me.  So, though I had no idea where my rent was going to come from, or how I was going to pay  my bills, I turned the offer down.  Thanks to some lengthy discussions with my mom and Rusty, I was able to see the silver lining in the situation, although it didn't seem like there was really any hope.  I just had to put my faith in God that the right job for me would come when the time was right, as long as I was doing my part.  Then, about a week after I turned the first job down, I received the call from XTO, and I start on the 18th!  What a lesson in faith.  Even when we have no idea how things are going to work out, as long as we trust in God, things can happen that we could never have accomplished on our own.

2 comments:

Shai Brown said...

CONGRATS!!! That is so exciting! By the way...it's been awhile since I've looked at blogs, so you may have had pics up for a while now...but I hadn't se
en them yet. I love the new pics off to the side. It's so nice to see your beautiful face.

Summer said...

Thanks Shai! I haven't looked at blogs for a while either. I think I need to update mine some more too! lol